One 3lb leg of lamb with all visible fat and skin removed
small tub of 0% fat greek yoghurt
1 tbsp tikka curry powder
3 cloves garlic
1” root ginger
3 tbsp lemon juice
1. In a blender or food processor whizz together all the ingredients other than the lamb.
2. spread the mixture aover the whole surface of the lamb and leave to marinate for 4 hours or overnight in the refridgerator
3. Roast the lamb (200 degrees) with no cover, for 45 minutes then let it rest for 15 minutes under foil. If you don’t like it pink then cook for another 20 minutes or until the juice runs clear.
Carve into the bone to ensure that everyone gets a bit of the outside.
Always check the points and syns as diets change.
Spray and Fry
1 chopped red onion
1 chopped dried chili
2 cloves of garlic finely chopped
1 inch root ginger finely chopped
1 large mango peeled and diced – this makes 100g flesh. When cooked down, it may weigh less than that but 100g cooked mango is 3 syns
2 tbsp granulated sweetener
2 tbsp white wine vinegar
1 tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp chopped fresh corriander leaves
2 tbsp lemon juice
1. fry onion with chili gently in Spray and Fry until onion is soft. Stir in garlic and ginger and cook for couple of minutes.
2. Add mango and cook until slightly softened. Stir in the sweetener, vinegar and soy sauce and cover until the mango is soft and the consistency is thick. This will take 5 â€“ 15 minutes depending on the ripeness of the mango.
3. Remove from heat and stir in the corriander and the lemon juice.
This is really good with Tikka Roast Lamb and new potatoes roasted with garlic