This must be one of the easiest and most enjoyable puds in the world.
- 1/3 packet of digestive biscuits (dark chocolate ones are also good)
- Third of a block of butter
- 1 tin condensed milk
- Equal quantity of double cream. Use the tin to measure it out.
- 2 lemons
- Put the biscuits into the food processor and blitz into crumbs, or put them in a sturdy plastic bag and bash with a rolling pin.
- Melt the butter gently in a large saucepan or a frying pan, then add the crumbs and turn and stir until the crumbs are coated with the butter.
- Press the crumb mix into a flan case about 8″ in diameter – or anything deepish and widish. Set aside to cool.
- Pour the condensed milk into a mixing bowl then use the can to measure the cream and tip that on top of the ‘connie onnie’.
- Add the zest and juice of the lemons and stir everything tgether. The lemon juice will make the mixture thicken.
- When the base it cool, tip on the lemon mixture, smoothing the top, then cover and chill for a few hours in the fridge.
- Decorate with a swirl of cream, and poke in something pretty like chocolate curls, crystallized lemon or a sprig of mint.
Bish bash bosh.